BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Biggest and the Grandest Event in High School Life


Promenade is a formal dance, or gathering of high school students. It is typically held at the end of junior and/or senior year. Prom is is more widely understood to be in reference to a season of classical concerts. Prom usually takes place in the junior and senior years of high school. Proms are commonly known as "JS Prom," or, Junior-Senior prom. The Junior and Senior classes may participate in fund raisers throughout the school year to reduce the cost of prom.

Gowns, cocktail dresses, coats, sleeves, these are the common dresses that we ha
d seen in JS Prom. We, juniors and seniors had our JS Prom last February 12, 2010 at the Father Burgos Gymnasium. It was great and unforgettable experience in my high school life. At first, I’m so nervous and ashamed because we will have our JS Prom, but then, when I experienced JS Prom, I feel so happy and I enjoyed the Prom. I had my confident to mingle and socialize with others especially for the seniors. JS Prom is not only for the glamorous clothes, music that were played, delicious foods we ate and dancing but the most important is accepting the Key of Responsibility from the seniors. Above all, the Candle Lighting Ceremony is the most significant part of the program because the candle symbolizes Christ as the center of our lives. Christ said “I am the light of the world” that will lead and guide us through the right path.

After the dinner, we proceed to the next part of the program which is Dance. In this part, I really enjoyed it because there is First Dance and Last Dance whom I never forget in my High School life because I danced with Deria Fatima Meneses. I am proud of my self because I danced many girls and in fact, there is no song that I missed. JS Prom could be one of my greatest and grandest event that I will never forget.

Here are some Pictures in our Prom:








0 comments: